Happy hump day! Can you belive the week is halfway over?!? The weather was SO wonderful today and I hope the cold weather is over
I was finally able to pull out some spring dresses out of the attic now that it's not chilly. And what a better way to kick spring off with a Lilly dress :)
(please excuse the fact my head and legs are cut off..I had someone at work take the picture on my phone and she was so confused as to why I needed a picture of my outfit & when I saw the picture was half cut off I was too embarrassed to ask for another hehe)
I added a light summer scarf because it was a tad chilly this morning when I left the house at 6 for the gym, threw on some sandals, and add minimal jewelery..oh how I missed summer.
I haven't posted a recipe in a while and I forgot about this particular one until tonight! I am pretty good in the kitchen, but this recipe is so simple and yummy I had to share, anyone can throw this together
It's a Chicken Enchilada Ring from Pampered Chef
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- ¼ cup chopped pitted ripe olives (I just used black olives)
- 1 (4 ounce) cup shredded cheddar cheese , and monterey jack cheese blend
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies , undrained
- ½ cup mayonnaise (Greek yogurt is a healthy substitution)
- 1 tablespoon pampered chef pantry southwest seasoning
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 2⁄3; cup finely crushed corn tortilla chips , divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream (fat free of course!)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop chicken and olives using Food Chopper; place in mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, green chilies, mayonnaise, and seasoning mix.
- Seed and chop 1 tomato.
- Slice lime in half.
- Using Juicer, juice one half of lime to measure 1 teaspoon juice.
- Reserve remaining lime for garnish.
- Add chopped tomato and lime juice to chicken mixture.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons crushed chips; add remaining chips to chicken mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle reserved crushed chips over cutting board.
- Unroll crescent dough.
- Place dough, sticky-side down, onto crushed chips; press down lightly, so chips adhere to dough.
- Separate dough into triangles.
- Arrange triangles, chip side down, in a circle on round baking stone (or round pizza baking sheet) with wide ends overlapping in the center and points towards outside.
- (There should be a 5-inch diameter opening in center.) Scoop chicken mixture evenly onto the wide ends of each triangle.
- Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at center of ring.
- (Filling will not be completely covered.) Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- For garnish, cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges.
- Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices; cut in half.
- Arrange between openings of ring.
- Cut and serve with salsa and sour cream.
I also made homemade guacamole to go with it and it was absolutely to die for!