Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Story

Our anniversary date from when he asked me to be his girlfriend was last Tuesday. 
So I felt that this was a great time to tell everyone our "story".

It starts from the first day of first grade when we sat next to each other because we had to sit alphabetically, I was a B and he was C. I had the biggest crush on him. Sometimes on the way to school mom would honk the car horn at him as he waited at the end of his driveway for the bus and I about had a heart attack. I thought it was SO embarrassing for my mother to do that. And it was never just a single honk. It was more like a honk, honk, honkkkk, HONNKKKKK. Horrible.  I would wait by the window in Ms. Wilson's class to watch is mom pull in and drop him off at the car rider area. When I saw him walking in  I would run and to my seat real fast and wait for him to sit beside me at our table.

Luckily we had 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade together. But in 4th grade our classrooms were across the hall and I thought it was the worst thing ever.
 
You know when your little and you would dream about your wedding? Of course I was always in a Cinderella white dress and he was always my groom. Always. When we had slumber parties we would used to play those  MASH games where it would tell you who your husband would be, what car you would drive, where you would get married, etc I always cheat so he would be my "husband".
So that silly kid crush went on till middle school where mom would actually let me go on a "date." We planned  movie dates through MSN chat, which is the only way we talked because I was always too nervous to actually use the real phone (eventually we did but it was MSN for awhile). I still have conversations I printed out from 6th, 7th and 8th grade. They are so cute to go back and read. Our parents would drop us off right in front of the movies and then be waiting on us to pick the two of us up after the movie. FINALLY in 7th grade we held hands and I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. My hand would fell asleep half way through the movie but I was always too scared to say anything so by the time the credits were rolling my hand was completely numb, we laugh at this because his did the same thing but he never said anything either!

We dated off and on in middle school but I would all ways "dump" him because I just decided I didn't want a boyfriend that day, then in a week we were "going out" again. (oh those middle school days)

For about 1-2 years we didn't date. But in the summer after 9th grade we started "talking" again. I don't know what it was about us but we always went back to each other. On December 13, 2008 he asked me to be his girlfriend and we have been inseparable ever since.

He is someone that knows exactly what to say to cheer me up, he always sees the positive and is the most down to earth guy. He is so goofy and makes me laugh 24/7. It's so hard to get upset with him because I just look at him and usually we both just start laughing.

Two summer's ago I had a major surgery and was in the hospital for 13 days. He was there by my side every day and night. The slept in the most gosh awful uncomfortable chair just so he would be there if I needed anything. Even when I came home he always was there making sure I didn't need anything and I was okay. I honestly don't know what I would have done without him at this point in my life. He was so caring and so comforting that I could not of asked for anything better.

I am so lucky that my best friend is also the one I love. We have so many wonderful memories together and hopefully so many more to come.

Here a few pictures from the years:


















Xoxo-M




1 comment:

Ashley said...

Such a sweet story!! I love that your mom used to honk the horn as yall drove by! haha totally something my mom would've done too!