Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I am back again!!

Hello lovelies!

Well...I could bore you with excuses for not posting in two weeks, but I will save the excuses and promise not to do it again. I just think I have been so overwhelmed lately, I honestly forgot I even had a blog.

But I am here now.

 :D

I honestly don't even remember what I have done two weeks ago, but last weekend I go to Asheville, NC for my boyfriends brother's finance's  bachlorette weekend. I have never been to downtown Asheville before but I loved it! It had such a hipster, relaxing vibe to the city and it was so fun!

I only have one picture so far because the girls haven't uploaded all the other pictures yet but here is all of us girls that went:



Oh! I learned something very interesting too! About 3 weeks ago I went to get a facial, it was my first one and now I am obsessed and probably will go once a month. But the first thing she did was measure the moisture of skin on my face, she said 65 is normal/ideal of where your skin should be.

I immediately told her that my face is super oily so it will be like 100 or 200.

Well..it was 35. Turns out if you have oily skin it doesn't mean your skin is hydrated. Long story short I told her that I use St. Ives apricot scrub twice a day because I love how it feels like it scrubs the oils/dirt/etc from my pores. She told me that is the worst possible face wash to use because it stripes all the healthy oils that your skin uses.

I swore by St. Ives, so I was like okay so I need a new skin routine. I didn't use a moisturizer, didn't take my make-up off before washing my face, and used St. Ives twice a day. 

So enter my new skin routine thanks to the ladies at the Estee Lauder and Clinique counter:

Step 1: Estee Lauder- Take it away makeup remover

This is such as gentle lotion that takes makeup off so easily. A little goes a long way, so one little pump on a cotton ball is all you need! If you don't take your makeup off before washing your face, it's like taking a shower with your clothes on. Highly recommend this product!

Step 2: Face wash (that is not a scrub) Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean

This is a cream face wash and smells so good! My face feels so silky and clean when I use this product. It is not a harsh scrub, like St. Ives, so my face appreciates this little cleanser!

Step 3: Clinique Clarifying lotion (toner)

Here's what Clinique says about this product: Helps clear away pollution, excess oil, dulling flakes for clear, glowing skin. Helps block a blemish. Purifies pores to look cleaner, smaller. Skin grows stronger, stays clearer, healthier. Dermatologist-reformulated to be comfortable, non-drying.  
Love it! I have been using this product for about a year now, but I just added it to my new routine!

Step 4: Clinique Dramatically different moisturizing gel


They recommended this moisturizer because it's a light formula that adds just enough moisture without feeling like an oil slick. It is scent free, so it doesn't have an awkward smell and a little squirt goes a long way. What's even better is that is is less than $20!!

And wah-la, two weeks later I have noticed a difference. My face is not as oily and is much clearer. With me going to to the gym every day, my skin is usually prone to small breakouts but that has dramatically decreased!

Oh and I also bought Clinique City block with SPF 25. When getting my facial, I was told I have hyper-pigmentation from the sun and I needed to wear sunscreen on my face everyday. So Clinique had the perfect product.


Here is what they say about it:

Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25/40
What it is:
A lightweight daily moisturizer that provides a high level of protection against sun and environmental damage.

What it is formulated to do:
This daily screen provides remarkable protection against both sun and environmental damage. Its sheer, weightless formula includes broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun-blocking ingredients and antioxidants. Perfect for all skin types, even the most sensitive, this product can be worn alone or as an invisible makeup primer.

 I wear it alone so I cut out my foundation, and it adds just enough coverage! This is by far the best makeup product I have purchased and it too was under $20! Highly Recommend it!!


3 comments:

Roots Out West said...

1. I completely relate to this post in every way--well except that I am not engaged. I too have been a bad blogger and haven't posted in probably a month (broken lap top). I also would say I have very oily skin and use the same scrub you mentioned because I think it makes me feel like I am getting a good clean. I just may go buy some of these products since you claim they work so well.

Lanie said...

Mak, you totally said "my bachlorette party" instead of "my boyfriends sisters bachlorette party" lol silly goose!

Lola said...

Welcome back :) Sounds like you had such a great weekend! and thanks for the beauty tips, I've actually tried the clinique moisturiser and it's lovely on my skin X