Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Instyle: May 2012


It's the time again for my Instyle recap! I absolutely loved this issue, all 406 pages were filled with spring outfit ideas as well as the latest trends, beauty secrects and my favorite part...

the best beauty buys!!

I went through and made a list of items that I am dying to try! Here are my favorite picks..and I will warn you, it's pretty lengthy :)


 Eco Tools $3-$10 (Found at Target!!!)
These durable, densely packed brushes, made of sustainable materials like bamboo, come very close to most upscale lines. The only difference: Eco is easier on the wallet.

 Exude Lip Creme $29
go to instyle.com/bbb for a 20% discount!!
The ingenious bullet is protected by a plastic barrier, and all nine colors are infused with vitamins C and E to leave lips lush. And you'll never over apply-one click delivers the perfect amount of color every time

 Fresh Brown Sugar Body Scrub $65
 This wonder polish, a feast of fine brown-sugar crystals marinating in jojoba, almond, and apricot-kernel oils, gives skin a vacation from dullness, eliminating dry, dead cells and re-hydrating skin simultaneously

 Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment $18
This apple-scented balm is the first thing I reach for in my makeup-kit says N.Y.C makeup artist Lucky Smyler. It heals delicate lip skin with argan oil and leaves a pretty pink tint. Bonus: The packaging is recyclable.
 La Mer Lip Balm $50
It's incredible hydrating, has a silky finish, and makes a great base for color. Some makeup pros swear it plumps lips
 
 Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer $42
It moisturizes, gives a hint of color, and has SPF. It's a one stop shop
I have heard SO many great things about this product that it is #1 on my list!

 MAC Eye Kohl $15
Sharp enough to draw a defined line yet creamy enough to blend, this pencil liner wont smudge and comes in every color imaginable 

 Mason Pearson $170
Pros sing the praised of this boar-bristle brush so often, they could practically use it as a makeshift microphone. it detangles, stimulates the scalp, redistributes natural oils for incredible shine, and last for years-maybe even a lifetime
 Nars Powder Blush $28
In 25 shades, the is from Nars has a vast color selection and it's a great value. You get so much product in the pan
How can you go wrong with Nars?!?!
 Sally Hansen Double Duty $5
Double Duty is a misnomer. N.Y.C nail pro Gina Viviano uses this product three ways-"as a base coat, a top coat and in between manicures when I don't want to wear color. The pantheonol-infused formula actually enriches nails without ever yellowing

 Shiseido Foundation Brush $30
It's a compact for total control and has densely packed synthetic bristles for cream, liquid, and powder foundations. The slightly  angled flat head ensures there's no streaking, so foundation becomes one with skin
 Shu Uemura $20
It has a long bed plate that actually curls lashes. (Other curlers simply blend them, which can damage fragile hairs). And its curved angle gets every last stray.

 Skinceuticals Clarifying Clay $37
Lavish, refreshing, nourishing-dermatologists lay the praise on pretty hick for this non-drying mask. Not that you'll need to apply any more than the thinnest layer to see results. It relies on "natural earth clays and botanicals to unclog pores, while hydroxy acids get rid of the dead layer of skin. And unlike so many other clay masks, this one never feels crusty.

 Smashbox Photo Finish $36
It evens out skin tone, shushes yawning pores, and creates the perfect canvas for foundation. The velvety formula is also teeming with antioxidants, so skin begins to look smoother all on its own
 Stila Convertible Color $25
Can be used on bare skin or over foundation. The sheer formula doesn't feel waxy and leaved a bit of sheen

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour $25
It makes skin look good, and it's good for skin. Loaded with protective antioxidants and skin-firming clay, this finely milled blush gives a natural glowly sheen. True to its name, it lasts all day and comes in impressive shades including vibrant berry, soft peach, and delicate rose

Phew! That was quite long, but I couldn't resist!
Please let me know if anyone has used any of these products and let me know what you think!

Xoxo
M

5 comments:

Erin said...

This is just great. I love when you do these, I don't even have to read it. I get a full synopsis by you!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I might have to try out some of these! Especially the Eco make up brushes and Tarte blush!

Bri said...

I have so many of these products and I love them :) The brushes are GREAT! Definitely get them! I have had mine for three years now and they still look new. I have NARS blush in Orgasm and it's amazing. I always get compliments on it ... try Benefit high bean under it and it will give you a great glow :) Tarte makes an awesome eyelash curler! Oh and of course, Laura Mercier is my all time fave foundation/sunscreen!!!!

Sorry I wrote a book :)

Bri said...

Hahaha Benefit High BEAM not BEAN!

danielle p. said...

always love seeing what beauty products others recommend. just found your blog.. enjoying it so far!